Monday, January 3, 2011

VHS conversion to DIGITAL obsession

     Let's get digital people! So over the Christmas break, I got very obsessed with converting VHS tapes to DVD. Then converting those DVDs to quicktimes and posting my favorite segments on YouTube. I then took those YouTube links and have been posting them on facebook for friends and family to view. (Did you follow that process?)  
     Yea, I should be working on my reel as I haven't updated that since 2008, but I am having a blast connecting with my more innocent little self. I don't feel that I have the best memory in the world so this is like regaining my memory again and keeping this collection online for me to view at any moment. Thanks for all the videotaping dad and grandpa! We were annoyed in our teenage years, but you knew we'd love this one day. You were right!!
     Most of the videos I've posted are unlisted which means they aren't searchable from the YouTube site. They are only available if you have the link. Some of the videos I've listed as public because they don't really deal with me personally and I think others would get a kick out of watching them.


Here are a few of my favorites I've posted recently. Enjoy!!!


Riding the Dr. Pepper go kart I won at Sonic! So much fun...Until it died.





Sliding down the snow mountain my dad would build us every year. How cool!? Right?





Plane my grandpa John Boylan built which he later dedicated to Mid-America Air Museum in Liberal, KS.





The last clip is my family and friends visiting Seven Falls outside of Denver, CO. I remember how fascinated I was by these chipmunks. They were probably he most overfed chipmunks in Colorado, along with the goldfish in the entrance. At the end of the clip we're just hanging around our pop-up campers eating flapjacks with our friends. Great times. At night, I remember falling asleep to the stream that was like 15 feet from our pop-up.







If you or any of your friends are interested in converting their library of VHS tapes, I would suggest doing some prep work (viewing a lot of it) then sending the most important videos you want converted it to a company. It will save you loads of time, and they can transfer it to almost any format you want, DVD or hard drive. The hard drive function would allow you to re-export portions of the quicktimes for youtube (this is a fairly easy process). Here is the company-


www.homemoviedepot.com/



No comments: